Sunday 20 January 2013

Melted Crayon










 I thought I would try melted crayon art with my students a few years ago.  What a mess and how stinky!  Other teachers were not impressed that they had to smell what we were doing in our artroom.  So I needed to come up with another way to melt crayon without the smell.  I found that melting the crayon with the end of a glue gun worked beautifully.  Very inexpensive to buy glue guns, lots of control in painting, not so smelly, and oh so many effects...

 What's great about melted crayon is that the results are unexpected like watercolor, dries quick like acrylic, and you can get a lot of texture like oil.

I will share these effects with you over the next few weeks, making available one video each Monday for you to look at.  It's a lot of fun, and great for kids of all ages.


You can find the first video at:  http://youtu.be/57FR1XYDdoA

Like us on Facebook for up to date information:  www.facebook.com/artdwellers



No comments:

Post a Comment